CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

WELCOME!

I love making semi-homemade projects. I say "semi-homemade" because I don't make the object I decorate...... I just HAVE to make it cuter! I also like to make semi-homemade meals.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Enchiladas


This is my favorite enchilada recipe! My sister, Nancy showed me how to make this quick recipe one week before I got married. That was 29 years ago! I like this recipe because they are so simple to make and because I've never tasted any other beef enchiladas that taste this good.

INGREDIENTS to make 50 enchiladas....
50 corn tortillas
3 lbs lean hamburger
2 packages enchilada mix
1 small can of tomato sauce
oil
onions
medium cheddar cheese

INSTRUCTIONS....
-Brown your hamburger with chopped onions, drain and rinse, put it back in your pan, add l can of tomato sauce and two cans of water, add 3 packages of enchilada mix (2 if you do not want it too spicy.) Keep it on simmer.
-Grate some cheddar cheese and have it ready.
-Chop a yellow onion. (Very small)
-Put some oil in a small pan at medium high. You will have to keep adding oil to cover once tortilla at all times.
-Have a plate with 2 or 3 paper towels ready where you will be placing your tortillas to absorb all the oil.
-Place your corn tortilla in the oil for 4 or 5 seconds turn it and quickly take it out.
-When you get your tortilla out you want it soft enough to fill and roll...you don't want it hard. Every burner is different so you might need less time or more time.
-Start placing the tortillas on your plate with the paper towels. I overlap about 5, then I put a paper towel and start again. By the time I'm done with all 50 tortillas the paper towels have absorbed all the oil and they're ready to be filled and rolled.
YOU ARE READY TO FILL AND ROLL
You will need a large cookie sheet or a large cake pan.
Free a space where you can have a little assembly line.
-Get a plate and place your tortillas. (My kids like to help me with this steps.)
-Put some meat in the center as much or as little as you want.
-Put some cheese....I use tons!
-Sprinkle chopped onions if you like onions.
-Roll them really tight and start placing them on your pan. Make sure the end is facing down so that they won't unwrap. Put them really tight against each other.
-When you are done filling and rolling your tortillas, (with 50 tortillas you might need a large cookie sheet and a small one).....water down your meat mixture that you have left by putting a half a cup of water and place the meat mixture on top of your enchiladas and cover with cheese.
-Put them in the oven to heat them up and melt the cheese and these is all. ENJOY!

0 comments: